There are a number of things new homeowners have to do after closing. Here is an infographic of 11 things to do after unpacking.
1. Change the locks
2. Copy the housing documents. Store one in a fireproof safe within your home and another with your financial institution.
3. Update home technology. Update or install a security system and any smart home technology. This is a good time to familiarize yourself with your home's electrical system, find your meter and fuse boxes.
4. Plan and complete a deep cleaning.
5. Personalize the mailbox.
6. Test fire safety.
7. Check the heating and air conditioning system. Change filters.
8. Freshen interior with your personal touches.
9. Update your address. Have your mail forwarded to your new address.
10. Make an evacuation plan
11. Locate the nearest weather shelter.
Congratulations to all of the new homeowners out there! You taken a big step towards building and securing your future.
If your plans include a home purchase in the Greater Saint Louis area, REALTY MASTERS, STL are the local experts. Let’s get together to discuss your options and to help you make one of the most powerful and confident decisions for you and your family.
To reach us please call 636-220-7830 or send us an email: info@RealtyMastersStl.com
Search for the newest listings in St Louis.
Thinking of selling your home? Let our professional marketing team get your home sold. Click here for more information.