11 Questions to Ask Before You Hire a Real Estate Agent
- What is your experience and track record in the real estate market?
- How will you market my property?
- How do you communicate with clients and keep them informed?
- What is your negotiation strategy?
- How do you determine pricing for a property?
- How do you handle potential conflicts of interest?
- How do you stay current on market trends and changes?
- Can you provide references or testimonials from previous clients?
- How do you work with other real estate agents and professionals in the industry?
- What is your commission and fee structure?
- Are you a full-time or part-time agent?
Here are my answers to compare with other agents:
- What is your experience and track record in the real estate market? REALTOR since 2005 and have assisted 500+ buyers and sellers with their real estate needs
- How will you market my property? Most agents list on just one MLS. I list on all 3 local MLS’s (Kansas City, Lawrence, and Topeka) which means I list on almost 17,000 agent and brokerage websites. I list your house on multiple national real estate sites. I market using off market mailings as well as online sources such as social media. I am one of the only if not the only agent who lists on the National Listing Service (NLS). I market your house on a single property website. I market your house with floor plans I create for you and so much more. BONUS: I contact the most opportune buyers by using my buyer lists for mailings about your listing.
- How do you communicate with clients and keep them informed? Using the sellers’ preferred communication method (text, video message, email, automated listing reports, etc.), I notify instantly of every showing request, I notify if any feedback is received, and I provide a weekly summary.
- What is your negotiation strategy? With 18 years of real estate experience, the most successful negotiating strategy I have learned is a WIN-WIN process where both sellers and buyers get what they want which, ultimately, is for sellers to be able to sell and buyers be able to buy.
- How do you determine pricing for a property? Initially, I use multiple AI (Artificial Intelligence) desktop appraisals that are based on real estate comparable sales for an average price as well as some price ranges to aid in identifying why some similar houses sell for more and some similar houses sell for less. Then, I do a complete CMA (Competitive Market Analysis) that includes active listings (your competition), under contract (what price buyers were willing to submit an offer), expireds (what price buyers were not willing to submit an offer), and SOLD properties of what prices sellers and buyers have agreed on to complete the transaction. See below for FREE Home Valuation.
- How do you handle potential conflicts of interest? Conflicts of interest rarely occur due to making sure real estate agency law is not violated yet in the rare instance it happens, I have a legal hotline of attorneys ready to reach out to for solutions.
- How do you stay current on market trends and changes? I love statistics and subscribe to multiple market reports as well as supply them to my sellers and buyers on my website. I post market reports to social media several times per week and am continuously asked by my clients for market updates. I also have hired 13 real estate coaches who make sure I am always updated on the latest and greatest real estate offers to give my clients that reflect the ever changing real estate market.
- Can you provide references or testimonials from previous clients? Absolutely! Just search online for Rob Lang real estate reviews. You will find my 5 star reviews on dozens of national websites who ask buyers and sellers to review agents.
- How do you work with other real estate agents and professionals in the industry? Cooperation is integral to a successful real estate career. I sell lots of houses so other agents like to see my texts and calls and showing appointments come in because they know I am respectful and reliable to bring the transaction to a successful close.
- What is your commission and fee structure? I have a Menu of Services where you as the seller decide how much in fees will be due at closing. I make sure you have the net proceeds you need to complete the sale.
- Are you a full-time or part-time agent? Definitely Full Time. I am available early in the morning until late at night Monday through Saturday and after 1pm until late at night on Sunday. I have several agents in my brokerage and in other brokerages who I can call on to back me up when I can’t be two places at once. Searching for Rob Lang real estate reviews will show you my 5 star ratings from both my sellers and my buyers.
I also give a written guarantee with multiple offers to allow my sellers and buyers the highest number of options to choose from so they can make an informed decision that works best for them. 785-393-2274 is my personal cell and I answer my phone unless I am already on a call. I’m Rob Lang with At Home Kansas and am ready to get you the highest net proceeds possible on your house . Click here for your FREE Home Valuation.